Thursday, September 9, 2010

2NE1 Clap Your Hands MV


2NE1 Clap Your Hands MV is the first comeback offering from 2NE1 off of their first full length studio album called To Anyone (I know, this YG Entertainment girl group is just too fond of using words that rhymes with their group's name). So now let's do the song review. First off, I don't like the song, I know I have to listen to it more to get a feel for it but that is not the point because there are songs that totally impresses me within 30 seconds through, so heavily rotating the song before judging it is not an excuse in this case.

2NE1 Clap Your Hands have that decent beat but it fails to benefit from it. It lacks the catchy factor that the previous 2NE1 songs have example are the smash hits Fire and I Don't Care. The song starts strong but didn't develop momentum, so upon reaching the chorus the song died. The only thing I will consider good in the song is the blending of Park Bom's voice to the melody of the chorus and it has nothing to do with the fact that I am crazy about Park Bom. Seriously.



Now for the MV, let me begin by saying that 2NE1's MVs never fails to grab my attention, until now that is. The MV for Clap Your Hands to me is cold and boring(I don't get this either, I just made it up. LOL). The MV has a very good concept but it failed to emphasize it and along with that is the sloppy choreography. Also, they lingered in the first scene far too long, the only thing that got me through it and avoid dying because of boredom is the bad ass outfits. I specifically dig the all white with hoodies plus the red parachute-like gear from the second scene in the video. Hate the jungle camouflage outfit plus tribal tattoos though.

So what do you think about 2NE1 Clap Your Hands? For me, Clap Your Hands is a too much attempt to be  Big Bang-ish (not that I don't like Big Bang) and failed because it drowned in it. I'm going to pass on this one for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Hot Kpop Idols